Rare test print of the map of Brabant by Willem Blaeu. Edition before the addition of the coats of arms. The map covers a.o. the area between 's-Hertogenbosch and Eindhoven.
Copper engraving published in Amsterdam, ca. 1640.
In reasonably good condition. Centrefold is as issued. Paper has some tanning and light stains. White stripe along centrefold. A small stain at the bottom left. There are some unobtrusive worm holes. Framed. Not: not reviewed outside the frame, but the print is presumably glued on cardboard.
See the photos.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Map maker/ publisher
- W. Blaeu
- Map/ Book title
- Quarta Pars Brabantiae cujus caput Sylvaducis
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- First state of this card. Framed.
- Size of the largest image
- 41×52 cm