• Item number : 01535
• The carpet is imported to Europe before 1/1/2015
• Country of Origin: Iran (Persian)
• Size: approx 355 cm x 250 cm
• Pile: Cok wool
• Chain: Cotton
• Condition: In very good condition, short fringes. Carpet is washed and is very clean ready to use. (Please look at the pictures).
• Quality: high quality soft Cork wool
• Processing: Guaranteed Handmade
With certificate of authenticity
Kashans are hand knotted on vertical looms using cotton warps and wefts and good quality wool pile that is cropped close. The pile often has a silky feel to it and is of very high quality. Kashans are the among the finest carpets produced today, but the standard of individual items varies rather more than it does with Isfahans, and it is important to assess each item on its own merits.
The usual background colours for Kashan carpets are rich red and dark blue. Very often the carpets with a dark blue background have medallion and border in red, and vice versa. Ivory, yellow, ochre, burnt orange and occasionally green are also employed in Kashans.
Kashans are easily recognizable by their design. The field is almost always decorated by a central medallion, which terminates at the upper and lower ends in flowering coronets. The rest of the field is closely decorated with flowers and vine tendrils. In the four quarters a richly decorated band outlines a motif, which recalls the designs and colours of the central medallion. Kashans without a medallion are much rarer.
- Wool on cotton
- Country of Origin
- Manufacturing period
- In very good condition