- Antique Baktiary Persian rug
- 174 x 111 cm
- Very rare size
- Natural colours
- Early 1900s
- Bought in the USA in 1960
- In excellent state of preservation
The Bakhtiar nomads live to the east of the city of Isfahan, in the surroundings of the city of Shahr-e-Kurd. The majority of them speak Persian or a Luri dialect, while some of them, those who live in the province of Khuzestan, speak Arabic.
Baktiary rugs have always been woven from the highest quality wool, and are extremely resistant to wear.
They are energetically beaten, a procedure which makes them very sturdy.
As such, they're considered the most resilient among Persian rugs.
- Wool on wool
- Country of Origin
- Manufacturing period
- Overall in good condition with traces of ageing and usage
- Rug professionally cleaned