This lot contains:
1. Edward Kienholz - The Art Show 1963- 1977 - Paris, Centre Georges Pompidou, 1977 - Softcover - 68 pp. - Dim. 28 × 20.5 cm - German, French and English text by Pontus Hultèn - Ills. in b/w
Catalogue (reissue) of the exhibition in Centre National d’Art et de Culture Georges Pompidou.
2. Martina Weinhart, Max Hollein - Kienholz - Verlag der Buchhandlung Walter König, 2011 - 245 pp. Dim. 24.5 × 25.5 cm - Hardcover - English/German text -
illustrations in b/w and colour.
Catalogue of exhibition at the Schirn Kunsthalle in Frankfurt from 22-10-2011 to 29-01-2012.
This substantial monograph includes more than 200 colour plates by Kienholz
3. Edward Kienholz - Tableaux - Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, 1970 - 144 pp. of which 141 are numbered - Dim. 27 × 21 cm - Dutch/English text - Ills. in colour and mostly black - Softcover - Catalogue number 478.
Catalogue of exhibition held at the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam 26 March - 10 May 1970.
With comments from the artist about the work itself in Dutch and English
based on conversations with Pontus Hultèn.
All books in very good condition.
Edward Kienholz (1927-1994) was an American artist.
His work is highly socially critical, full of bizarre imagination, sometimes humorous, often gruesome.
- Number of Books
- Author/ Illustrator
- Edward Kienholz
- Book Title
- Lot with 3 books
- Very good
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- 1st Edition
- English, French, German
- Original language
- Binding/ Material
- Mix / Multiple