Woodblock print by Katsushika Hokusai (1760-1849) (Tokyo National Museum by Bijutsusha reprint) - 'The Kazusa Province sea route' - From the series "Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji" - Japan - ca 1965
The Kazusa Province sea route is a wood block print by Japanese artist Hokusai (1760–1849), part of his Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji series, dating from c. 1830 to 1832. The work has been described as "one of the simplest and at the same time one of the most outstanding of all Japanese prints".
Technique: woodblock print in passe-partout
Publisher: Tokyo National Museum by Bijutsusha
Date: ca 1965
Size: 32.5x24.5cm (incl passe-partout)
Print is glued to the passe-partout.
See photo's for impression and details.
Beautiful color and sharpness.
As usual, print will be shipped well packaged and secured.
- Woodblock print (Tokyo National Museum Bijutsusha reprint)
- ca 1965
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Katsushika Hokusai (1760-1849)
- Title of artwork
- The Kazusa Province sea route - From the series "Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji"
- Very good condition, see description
- 0.1×32.5×24.5 cm