Detailed chart of the estuary of the Zhujiang River, with Macau down below, modern day Hong Kong to the lower right and Canton (Guangzhou) left in the top.
Published around 1749 by De Hondt in The Hague in Prévost d´Exiles ´Histoire General des Voyages…´ This is the highest quality edition of this work, with strong print, extra thick paper with clear water mark and titles both in French (in the decorative title cartouche) and in Dutch (below the image).
Image 25.5cmx20.5cm, page 31x25,5cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Guangdong, Guangzhou (Canton, 广州), Macau, Hong Kong, Zhujiang River
- Map maker/ publisher
- J.N. Bellin / J. van der Schley
- Map/ Book title
- Carte de l'Entrée de la Riviere de Canton / Kaart van ´t Inkoomen der Riviere van Kanton
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- 18th century copper engraved map of Hong Kong, Macau and Guangzhou
- Size of the largest image
- 25.5×20.5 cm