Four gentlemen of flowers.
1) Plum blossoms represent five blessings; Happiness, wisdom, longevity, well-being and tranquility.
2) Orchids represent divine purity and are the fragrance of the royalty.
3) Bamboo represents resilience, longevity, happiness, spiritual truth, and generous spirits.
4) Chrysanthemum represents high moral character and strong will.
Corners are decorated with bats which represent "Best Wishes".
The wood carving from Dongyang was made as early as the Tang Dynasty (618-907). By the time of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), their technology was already well developed. Wood from the camphor tree is used for the wood carvings from Dongyang. The carvings have a high utility value and at the same time a high artistic value.
Shipping with DHL to worldwide.
- Total nr of items
- DongYang traditional Lacquered woodcarvings
- Carved, Engraved
- Elm wood
- Late 20th century
- Region/ Country of origin
- Very good condition, see description
- 25×25×1.5 cm