1 Arc de Triomphe de Canton / Praal-Boog te Kanton (1749)
A depiction of the Triomph Arch in Canton (Guangdong) province, The view is based upon a description by Johan Nieuhof.
Published as part of Prévost’s Histoire Générale des Voyages in a more rare luxury Dutch edition in 1749 by De Hondt. Engraved by J. van der Schley.
Image 18,5x13,5, page 25,5x19,5cm
2. Canton in China (1850)
View of Canton in China. The steel engraving depicts a junk and different kinds of boats and modern buildings at the harbor of Canton.
Published by Kunstanstalt des Blibliographie Instituts Hildburghausen, ca 1850.
Image 10x14,5cm, page 18,5x25,5cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Guangzhou (Canton, 广州) - 2 engravings
- Map maker/ publisher
- Van der Schley / Bibl. Inst. Hildburghausen
- Map/ Book title
- 1. Arc de Triomphe de Canton / Praal-Boog te Kanton & Canton in China
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Two views of Guangzhou, 18th century copper engraving and 19th cent. steel engraving. Coloured.
- Size of the largest image
- 18.5×13.5 cm