Compiled at the Topographic Bureau Batavia in the years 1897-1904
(rewritten edition of the Atlas of J.W. Stemfoort/J.J. ten Siethoff), reproduced at the topographical establishment ’s Gravenhage 1898-1907 under the direction of director C.A. Eckstein;
Published on the orders of the Department of Colonies.
16 double, very detailed maps Decorative title page with weapon, globes, sketchy table of contents.
Binding jaded (see photos). Top and bottom spine /corners jaded and a bit loose. Text block just fine in the binding, no loose maps/pages. Atlas has often been open. Binding has some ' ridges ', probably from some slight moisture. The maps consist of two pages. Verso blank. Marbled panels. Original binding, which is special.
Very valuable atlas.
Due to the large size, pickup in Rotterdam is the easiest.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Nederlandsch Oost-Indische Archipel
- Map maker/ publisher
- Topografische inrichting 's Gravenhage
- Map/ Book title
- Atlas van Nederlandsch Oost-Indië
- Additional Information
- Large format / detailed maps / one-time print
- Size of the largest image
- 65×48 cm