LOT OF 11 VINTAGE MINIATURES FROM 41 TO 57 YEARS OF EXISTENCE - IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.
These miniatures were purchased as they were released, between 1962 and 1978. Exhibited in a showcase for about 20 years, then been subsequently stored in a box protected from light, dust and heat, for 30 years and more. They came out of their box to be photographed in order to be offered for sale on Catawiki.
These 11 miniatures are like new (partially exposed, never used).
The originality of this lot is that it consists of 11 vintage Matchbox miniatures representing models exclusively from the automobile ( and sidecars) production over the period 1904-1918.
More precisely, in the order of appearance of the pictures following the chronology of the release of the actual cars, the following miniatures:
- SPYKER from 1904 - Scale: 1/45 - Reference N°16 - Edition from 1962;
- ROLLS-ROYCE Silver Ghost from 1906 - Scale: 1/51 - Reference N°Y-10 - Edition from 1975;
- ROLLS-ROYCE Silver Ghost from 1907 - Scale: 1/55 - Reference N°15 - Edition de 1968
- FORD T from 1911 - Scale: 1/42 - Reference N°Y-1 - Edition from 1965;
- RENAULT AX from 1911 - Scale: 1/40 - Reference N°2 - Edition from 1964;
- ROLLS-ROYCE from 1912 - Scale: 1/48 - Reference N°Y-7 - Edition from 1978;
- SIMPLEX from 1912 - Scale: 1/48 - Reference N°Y-9 - Edition from 1973;
- PACKARD landaulet from 1912 - Scale: 1/50 - Reference N°11 - Edition de 1962
- MERCER raceabout from 1913 - Scale: 1/46 - Reference N°7 - Edition from 1962;
- SUNBEAM with MILFORD sidecar from 1914 - Scale: 1/34 - Reference N°8 - Edition from 1962;
- CROSSLEY from 1918 - Scale: 1/47 - Reference N°Y-13 - Edition from 1974.
All these miniatures are in perfect condition despite their advanced age. Just note there is a little paint chip located at the rear of the roof of the Rolls from 1912 (Y-7) (see picture n°40).
The original packaging is missing. The miniatures will be well obviously perfectly packaged for transport.
Some bluish reflections that can appear in the photos betray nothing else than the colour of the used smartphone.
In conclusion: a collector's ‘vintage’ lot of Matchbox, of a half century of existence, as new.
Shipping by Colissimo with tracking.
- No. of items
- 1:43 et assimilées (1:55 à 1:34)
- Marque/Model Type
- 11 véhicules de la période 1904-1918
- Additional Information
- 11 original editions (made in England) of Matchbox Vintage released between 1962 and 1978
- Convertible, Coupé, Military vehicle, Sedan, Side-car, Small city car, Sports car
- Multiple colours
- Without original box