2 bottles taken from the original wooden case of 6.
Robert Parker Tasting Notes- 97 points
"Bizarre as it may sound, the 2010 Les Forts de Latour is also the finest I have ever tasted from this selection, which comes from specific vineyards, not really so much a second wine as just another wine from estate holdings. A blend of 72.5% Cabernet Sauvignon and 27.5% Merlot that represents 40% of the production, this astonishing wine hit 14.3% natural alcohol. Extremely ripe and rich, it reminds me of the 1982 on steroids (and that wine is still drinking great 30 years after the vintage). Sensational notes of graphite, crushed rocks, black fruits, camphor and damp forest notes are present in this expansive, savory, full-throttle wine, which is better than many vintages of the great Latour itself from the past. (That may be a heretical statement, but it's the truth as I see it.) This wine needs a good 5-6 years of cellaring and should age for three decades at minimum, given the fact that the 1982 is in terrific form and wasn't this concentrated or prodigious." (2013)
Bottles are stored in a professional warehouse at a constant 13.8 degrees Celsius and with perfect humidity. All bottles have been checked by Catawiki experts and are stored at a private Swiss cellar based in Geneva and will be shipped via Holland (unless being shipped within CH)
All lots are professionally shipped with appropriate packaging and are insured for the full value.
*Customs Information: Any other costs or charges such as customs clearance and handling may also apply during the shipment of your lot dependant on your country and will be charged to you by the involved party at a later stage if applicable.
*What does this mean for you?
- Since lots are first shipped from CH to NL and then sent to the buyer, the package might arrive one to two weeks later than normal Catawiki shipping times.
- If you live in a EU country, you will receive the package from within the EU. So there should not be additional import taxes.
- If you live in CH, packages can and will be shipped from within CH.
- If you live in a country (other than CH) outside the EU, you might be charged with liquor- and/or import taxes when you receive a package from the EU.
- We are unable to ship to certain countries including the USA/Canada, China & Brazil due to import legislation.
- Mixed lot
- Red wine
- Producer, Name of wine
- Les Forts de Latour
- 2nd wine Chateau Latour
- Number of bottles
- Bottle size
- Bottles (0.75L)
- Fill Level
- Bordeaux bottle type, neck fill level
- Label Condition
- Fully intact, readable label
- Capsule/Cork condition
- Fully intact metal capsule