99 points Robert Parker's Wine Advocate - Neil Martin
Tasted from an ex-château bottle in Bordeaux, I was not surprised to find the 2000 Château Haut-Brion flirting with perfection. The nose is simply breathtaking - quintessential Haut-Brion with ebullient red berry fruit, roasted herbs, gravel, terracotta tiles on a warm summer's day...it is simply wave after wave of intoxicating scents that could bring even the most stoic person to tears of joy. The palate displays heavenly balance, pitch-perfect acidity, perhaps spicier than previous bottles that I have tasted, and what depth and dimension in this outstanding wine. That hint of graphite on the finish is a cheeky nod to Pauillac, as if to thumb its nose at the First Growths, because alongside Château Latour, almost by stealth, the Haut-Brion is one of the greatest Bordeaux in this millennial year. (NM) 99+ (2016)
All bottles are in excellent condition.
Bottles are stored in a professional warehouse at a constant 13.8 degrees Celsius and with perfect humidity. All bottles have been checked by Catawiki experts and are stored at a private Swiss cellar based in Geneva and will be shipped via Holland (unless being shipped within CH)
All lots are professionally shipped with appropriate packaging and are insured for the full value.
*Customs Information: Any other costs or charges such as customs clearance and handling may also apply during the shipment of your lot dependant on your country and will be charged to you by the involved party at a later stage if applicable.
*What does this mean for you?
- Since lots are first shipped from CH to NL and then sent to the buyer, the package might arrive up to one week later than normal Catawiki shipping times.
- If you live in a EU country, you will receive the package from within the EU. So there should not be additional import taxes.
- If you live in CH, packages can and will be shipped from within CH.
- If you live in a country (other than CH) outside the EU, you might be charged with liquor- and/or import taxes when you receive a package from the EU.
- We are unable to ship to certain countries including the USA/Canada, China & Brazil due to import legislation.
- Red wine
- Producer, Name of wine
- Château Haut-Brion
- 1er Grand Cru Classé
- Number of bottles
- Bottle size
- Bottles (0.75L)
- Fill Level
- Bordeaux bottle type, neck fill level
- Label Condition
- Fully intact, readable label
- Capsule/Cork condition
- Fully intact metal capsule
- Critic Score
- 99/100 points by Neil Martin for Robert Parker's Wine Advocate