Original woodblock print - Kasamatsu Shiro (1898-1881) - Tokyo Tower(東京タワー) - Heisei period (1989-present)
Note: Master Kasamatsu was renowned for his romantic landscapes depicting traditional Japanese life and landmarks.
His use of elements in the foreground, such as the branches, to attract the viewer and give depth to the image, was a design technique used for the first time by Ukiyo-e Master Hiroshige.
First edition circa 1959s.
This is a later edition, printed using the original woodblocks.
This print is perfect in every aspect.
Strong image towards the reverse.
- Original woodblock print, Published by Unsodo
- Heisei period (1989-2019)
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Kasamatsu Shiro (1898-1991)
- Title of artwork
- "Tokyo Tower" 東京タワー
- Good condition, see description
- 411×273×0 mm