Letter dated 9 April of the great-granddaughter of King Louis Philippe of France, to her cousin Prince Albert of Belgium.
Princess of Denmark through her marriage with Prince Valdemar od Denmark, son of Christian IX.
Letter of recommendation for a Danish Lieutenant in the Belgian army.
"Mon cher cousin,
Je me permets de vous recommander le Lieutenant Danois x qui va faire un stage dans l'armée Belge. C'est un charmant homme, et j'éspère que vous aurez la bonté de le reçevoir
et je reste
votre bien affectionnée cousine
Amusingly crowned anchor 'QUI QU'EN GROGNE, JE M'EN MOQUE' = those who look for trouble, behave annoying, I will not be bothered. This was her motto.
12.5 x 20 cm.
COA by Henri Godts, expert in books and manuscripts, Brussels.
- Autograph letter signed (ALS)
- Number of Books
- Author/ Illustrator
- Marie d'Orléans aan haar neef Koning Albert I van België
- Book Title
- Autograph; Letter of recommendation for a Danish lieutenant in the Belgian army
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- Original language
- Binding/ Material
- Single page
- Signed by author
- Number of pages
- 20 12.5