Black/white woodblock-print booklet with spectacular woodblock prints by Ooka Shunboku (1680-1763, 大岡春ト) - title: Wakan Meigaen (和漢名画苑), vol 1 - Japan - 2nd half 19th century
Size: 25.5 cm x 18 cm x 0.7 cm
The booklet is in good condition and only has a few wormholes in the top margin (see for example photo 14). The first edition of this booklet was printed in 1750. This is a 19th-century reprint, made with the original woodblocks. All pages of the booklet have been photographed.
The book will be shipped by registered post, in sturdy cardboard packaging. The shipment can be tracked with a Track & Trace code.
- Woodblock illustrated book (Meiji period reprint)
- Second half 19th century (Meiji period)
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Ooka Shunboku 大岡春ト (1680-1763)
- Title of artwork
- "Wakan meigaen" 和漢名画苑 (A Garden of Japanese and Chinese Paintings), vol. 1
- Good condition, see description
- 25.5×18×0.7 cm