Very rare WMF Art Nouveau table centrepiece / bowl. Complete with its original bowl in cut glass or crystal. 19th century
Its rarity refers to the mark:
- WMF M (Geislingen an der Steige). Sometimes the inscription "WMF" is merged with the additional mark "B" which means Britannia metal base (rare), or with the mark "M" which means brass base (even rarer)and then the whole inscription looks like "WMFB" or "WMFM".
- as: antique silver finish
- I/0 which means natural silver coating equivalent to 1 gram of silver per dm2 of surface in common metal.
Refined floral representation and harmonious volutes, lively vegetal handle with a decidedly naturalistic décor from the Art Nouveau period."
Very good preserved condition with ageing signs, micro scratches and micro age-related spots, a small manufacturing defect on glass container (see condition in detailed photos).
Very careful shipping and tracking with signature required upon receipt.
- Centerpiece / Art Nouveau Cup - Complete - Rare
- Alloy, Glass
- Estimated Period
- Second half of the 19th century
- Country of Origin
- Excellent condition - barely used with minimal signs of aging & wear
- 14×20×12 cm
- 443 g