View of the courtyard for audiences in the imperial palace in Bejing (the Forbidden City). In the picture Dutch and Indian (Mogol Empire) visitors with gifts present themselves.
Published as part of Prévost’s Histoire Générale des Voyages in the more rare and luxury Dutch/French edition of 1749, published in The Hague by De Hondt. Engraved by J. van der Schley.
Dimensions: 26 x 37,5cm (page), 17,5 x 25,5cm (image)
Condition: Perfect condition. Very strong and clean paper, sharp print, water mark, hand coloured, reverse side blank, fold as issued, ample margins. Text in Dutch and French.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Beijing (北京), Forbidden City, Imperial Palace
- Map maker/ publisher
- J. van der Schley
- Map/ Book title
- Salle Imperiale de l´Audience (..) /Keizerlyke-Gehoorzaal (..)
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Beautiful 18th century view of Dutch and Indian dignitaries visiting the Chinese emperor
- Size of the largest image
- 17.5×25.5 cm