Original woodblock print, Published by Unsodo - artist : Okada Koichi (1907-1991) - 'Mount Fuji from the coast of Hagoromo. "Twelve Views of Japan" - Heisei period (1989-2019)
Koichi Okada was born in 1907 in Tokyo, studied with Ishii Hakutei and Arishima Ikuma and was a member of the art group Issuikai. Okada is known for his beautifully detailed woodblock prints depicting Mt. Fuji and is considered a true Shin-Hanga master.
The small cut in the lower right corner is not a damage to the print but a guide known as ‘kento’ to properly align the woodblocks used to apply each different colour.
First edition circa 1950. This is a later edition, printed using the original woodblocks.
This item is as new. Top condition and Vibrant colours !
Will be send worldwide with track and trace and insurance, between hardboard plates, to make folding impossible
- Original woodblock print, Published by Unsodo
- Woodblock print
- Heisei period (1989-2019)
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Okada Koichi (1907-1991)
- Theme/ depiction
- mt. Fuji
- Decor/ ware
- coastline in front of Mt. FUJI
- Title of artwork
- 'Mount Fuji from the coast of Hagoromo' from the series "Twelve Views of Japan"
- Very good condition, see description
- 365×240×0 mm