Document drafted on the eve of the creation of the Dutch National Bank.
The document describes and analyses, within the scope of establishing a Dutch National Bank, the socio-economic situation of the late 18th and early 19th centuries, the position of the Netherlands in economic and monetary Europe, the existing trade and bank relations and the possible business construction (securities, fundraising, mortgages, etc.).
With references to:
- The closure of the Scheldt (1587-1795)
- Traités du Barrieres de Nimegue, de Riswich et de Radstat
- La Compagnie (VOIC)
- Economic evaluations after 1787
- Le gouvernement general des Pays Bas
- Emperor Joseph II
- 1792 letter from Hendrik Van der Noot to General Charles-François Dumouriez
- Edouard de Walckiers
- La Banque de Venne
- La maison d’Autriche
Author Le Candele: Le Candele was an old noble family from Antwerp and originally from French Flanders, for more info please visit their page on Wikipedia.
The “Catalogue des Manuscrits de la Bibliothèque Royal des Ducs de Bourgogne” Tome III, 2ieme partie, mentions a finished manuscript in 1794 of which this manuscript is a draft (see last 2 scans).
A total of 6 large leaves of approx. 44 × 66 cm, 24 pages.
All pages are photographed, along with the catalogue entries.
- Number of Books
- Economics, History, Manuscripts
- Author/ Illustrator
- Le Candele
- Book Title
- Manuscript; Project about the establishment of a Dutch National Bank
- Publication year oldest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- Binding/ Material
- other extra - see description
- Number of pages
- 44×33 cm