George Charle lived in London from the end of the 18th century until 1842. He was a watchmaker known for verge watches.
Very rare, interesting verge watch in a triple casing made for the Ottoman market.
60 mm in diameter. Height: 28 mm - weight: 120 g
1) Outer casing with tortoise shell back. Good condition. Decorated with hammered silver nails. Most of them remain.
2) Outer casing made of silver engraved with floral circles.
3) Watch casing made of silver, polished. Enamel dial with Turkish numerals - made for the Ottoman Empire.
Baroque watch - fine dial in good condition. No serious damage. Signed George Charle London. Original hands - blued.
Winding on the back.
The unlocking mechanism to access the movement is on the dial at 6 o'clock. Closes securely.
Very delicate and playful movement. The entire plate is engraved. Round silver verge cock with floral motif, central flower and finished with flowers. Silver disc for speed adjustment. Golden ornamental pillars and decorations. Movement signature Geo Charle London no. 8219
Movement works - winding key is included.
We do not generally verify the power reserve and accuracy of this kind of watch because it is solely a collector's item.
Manufactured in England around 1780.
Overall, the watch is in collector's condition.
Pictures are part of the description.
Insured shipment with Österreichische Post AG.
- George Charle London
- Dreifach Prunkspindeluhr
- England 1780
- Manual winding
- Case material
- Material fineness
- Tortoiseshell - silver - engraving - 3 cases
- Pocket watch
- Shipped Insured
- Worn & in very good condition