1. J. Koning (acting editor-in-chief at the Soerabaiasch Handelsblad) -
De Kloetramp van 20 Mei 1919. Richly illustrated with reproductions after photos.
‘den dag na de ramp genomen’ - [Soerabaia], publication of the N.V. Soerabaiasch Handelsblad en Drukkerijen, 1919. XII, 231 pp. - Originally decorated cardboard binding with dust jacket. Folio. 30.5 x 23.5 cm.
Condition: dust jacket is slightly damaged, otherwise in good condition.
*On 19 May 1919 there was an unexpected eruption of the Kloet volcano on East Java with enormous soil and mud avalanches, killing hundreds of people in the villages on the hills of the volcano.
2. Tom Simkin and Richard S. Fiske - Krakatau 1883. The Volcan Eruption and its Effects. - Washington, Smithonian Institution Press, 1983. 464 pp. - Originally sewn, here bound in a private half linen binding with the original covers included. Quarto.
27.5 x 22 cm.
Condition: as new. *After Verbeek the most important reference work about the eruption of Krakatau in 1883.
- Number of Books
- Colonial history, Volcanology
- Author/ Illustrator
- (Indonesië; Vulkaanuitbarstingen; Krakatau en Kloet) Tom Simkin / J. Koning
- Book Title
- Krakatau 1883. The Volcanic Eruption and its Effects / De Kloetramp van 20 Mei 1919
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- Binding/ Material