2005 Château Nauton, Bordeaux Supérieur (Golden Medal) - 6 bottles of 75cl. in OWC
Top! Vintage 2005, Score 19/20
- The wines from the origin Bordeaux Superior are wines produced in the vineyards of Bordeaux, but come from vines that are older than the average. Bordeaux Superior accounts for half of the wine production in the entire Bordeaux region. This type of wine is especially appreciated for its elegance, style and aromatic complexity that result in the production of a quality wine, much appreciated by our taste buds.
2015 Château Croix Mouton, Bordeaux Supérieur - 2 magnums of 1.5ltr
Top! Vintage 2015, Score 18/20
Ch. Croix Mouton is a wine that exceeds its appellation, that is, the quality is higher than one would expect. The property is owned by Jean-Philippe Janoueix, also the owner of Ch. La Confession (St. Emilion) and Ch. La Croix St. Georges (Pomerol). Small yields (42hl / ha), soil processing, defoliation, triage when harvesting, use of gravity when putting the grapes into the cuves, ripening on new oak, etc ... all contribute to a top wine to a very affordable price. Jean-Philippe Janoueix is a very precise person, and this is also reflected in the quality of the wines he makes. Also read my comments about his newly purchased castle Ch. Cap Saint Georges (Saint Georges St. Emilion), and his other wines mentioned above.
Color description: Red, Very intense purple.
Nose: Nice nose of ripe, red fruit.
Mouth: After a round, soft attack follows a very nice 'environment' full of ripe, red fruit, soft and velvety. The aftertaste is also soft, ripe and very intensely fruity, a real pleasure to drink
- Mixed lot
- Red wine
- Producer, Name of wine
- (6) Château Naudon & 2015 (2) Reserve Du Croix Mouton
- Number of bottles
- Bottle size
- Bottles 75cl & 2 Magnums 150cl.
- Fill Level
- Bordeaux bottle type, neck fill level
- Original packaging
- In original wooden case
- Label Condition
- Fully intact, readable label
- Capsule/Cork condition
- Fully intact metal capsule