Two handmade items of erotic interest. Hard to date, but estimated 1970's or 1980's.
1. A handmade green portfolio with 18 black and white laminated images printed on white, attached to black cards. The images appear to have been copied from Franz Blei's book 'Lesebuch der Marquise'. The etchings are by Konstantin Andrejewitsch Somoff (1869-1939).
The box is in good, clean condition, with an illustration to the front cover and tassel!
2. A smaller red portfolio with 12 laminated black and white images on black card. These are in the same format and style as Somoff's. They show Latin numbers to them, but these bear no relation to the number of images here.
This box is also in an excellent condition, with a tassel but no image to the outside.
Two rather unusual and unique pieces of erotica.
This lot is part of an important collection that will be auctioned in the coming months through the Catawiki Collection Service. If you also need assistance to sell your collection at auction, ask for our terms directly at this seller's account!
PLEASE NOTE, although this collection comes from Belgium, this Catawiki Partner is based in the Netherlands. The shipping costs will reflect this.
- Number of Books
- Art, Curio & ephemera, Erotica
- Author/ Illustrator
- Book Title
- Two original handmade erotic illustration books
- Very good
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- Original language
- Binding/ Material