◄N.B. Daylight photos may vary; workshop photos taken under special light. Macro lens used; in enlarged photos you'll see things you wouldn't normally. I don't use enhancement software.►
Case diameter: 30.35mms less crown
Strap type/material: NOS Kreisler Sea Snake Leather
Strap size: Wrist>>19.90cms
Dial: Virtually unmarked 'Glossy Black'; 3/6/9/12 Breguet numerals; outer chapter seconds ring
Movement: 17 jewels sweep second + Incabloc. Checked for auction; keeps time.
Service within 2-3 years
Calibre: AJRNO; Google 'AS 1194 ranfft'for more information on this iconic movement
HISTORY & NOTES
An extremely rare and fine example of a Croton 'Mariner' Navy Surgeon's dress watch. This one has been very well cared for though there is some dial patina, CROTON and MARITIMER having faded due to some tropicalisation.
Examine the HD photos carefully; they form the majority of this much sought after vintage Swiss watch's description.
Please note that I never guarantee that a watch is 100% waterproof!
Your watch will be carefully wrapped (see my Feedback and bid with confidence!) and shipped via Colissimo Insured & Signed For.
Errors & Omissions Excepted
All Copyrights Acknowledged
© AntMat's Auto Matters & Watches
- C R O T O N (Nivada SA/Wüllimann, Schneider & Cie./Regalis Watch Co., Grenchen, SUISSE
- M A R I T I M E R 'Medicus' Navy Surgeon's Dress Watch
- Reference Number
- Circa 1950, The Korean or 'Forgotten War' Period
- Croton (AJRNO) AS based manual wind 17 jewels sweep second + Incabloc
- Case material
- Apex Gold Filled Bezel + Schlitz Frères 'Clam Shell' Patent Stainless Steel Case Back
- Material fineness
- 40µ 10 Carat Gold (Usual APEX)
- Analogue wristwatch
- Shipped Insured
- Worn with little to no signs of use