Illustration books, original woodblock print (2) - By Akisato Ritō 秋里籬島 and Takehara Shunchōsai 竹原春朝斎 - "Izumi meisho zue" 和泉名所図会 (Famous Places in Izumi), vol. 3 and 4 - 1796
Topographic and travel guide featuring famous locations.
These two books show famous sites in the city of IZUMI which is now Southwestern OSAKA. The illustrations also show paintings of the historical sites' texts but also of customs of the time. It was published in 1796 8th year of Kansei. These books are collected by the famous Smith LESOUEF. Theodore DURET and BURTY have praised these extremely rare books.
. Enjoy the finesse and details of the prints. These books are in excellent condition. They are signed. One has 94 plates or 47 double plates and the other has 82 plates or 41 double plates.
Very careful shipping
- Total nr of items
- Illustration books, Original woodblock print
- Mulberry paper
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- By Akisato Ritō 秋里籬島 and Takehara Shunchōsai 竹原春朝斎
- Title of artwork
- "Izumi meisho zue" 和泉名所図会 (Famous Places in Izumi), voll. 3 and 4
- Good condition, see description
- 1×18.5×27 cm