The army of Lodewijk van Nassau leaving Bergen, 6 September 1572. To the left in the distance is the army of Alva retaking the city again, to the right is Mechelen in the distance. In the foreground is Lodewijk in a sedan chair. With a caption of 8 German lines. Numbered: 6.
Copper engraving. Published in Cologne by Frans Hogenberg, c. 1580.
In good condition. Margins are missing, glued onto old paper. Paper is slightly tanned and soiled, mainly on the surface underneath. Verso: blank.
Please see the photos.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Bergen (Mons), Mechelen
- Map maker/ publisher
- F. Hogenberg
- Map/ Book title
- Nachdem nun Bergen ingenummen
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Early copper engraving from the 80 Year War.
- Size of the largest image
- 19.6×28.7 cm