Federico Bellomi (1928-2010).
Italian painter, sculptor and engraver.
*Signed/dated by the artist + dedication written in pencil (see photos).
Painter discovered by Dante Broglio, teacher at the Academy of Fine Arts G. B. Cignaroli of Verona. He is known especially for his frescoes, that we can find in various buildings, and for the stained-glass windows of several churches, in particular the fresco in the parish church of Quaderni that he painted entirely in the 1960s and that he frescoed again in 1984, making two works and completely remaking the great apsidal conch.
In the 15th-century restaurant Antica Locanda Mincio in Valeggio sul Mincio he frescoed the rooms by painting “Storie del Mincio” and for which the journalist Indro Montanelli posed for a few hours, portrayed as Virgil.
In the parish church of Sant’Anna in Lugagnano (Sona) he painted a large tempera of lactic casein (a technique similar to fresco).
1. larena.it archived on 15 December 2009 on the Internet Archive.
2. Lauro Aimé Colliard in books.google.it; he is also remembered by Jean-Marc 3. Trigeaud as “Michelangelesque”; in 2002 for the thirtieth anniversary of “Veneti nel mondo” he made the new logo, archived on 30 August 2010 in the Internet Archive.
4. Dossobuono, Quinzano d’Oglio, Caserma Duca in Montorio. He also worked for theatre plays, see Inc. Icon Group International.
5. L’Europeo in books.google.it; see also argentoeno.it.
6. Luigi Cremona in books.google.it; see also jancisrobinson.com.
7. larena.it:8083 [interrupted link]; the idea was also by Gabriele Bertaiola, see fasapentole.com [interrupted link].
8. Federico Bellomi in larena.it [interrupted link]. See also ilbacodaseta.org [interrupted link] and Arbor Redemptionis, Sona 2005, published by Il Baco da Seta.
9. “L’ultimo frescante Morto Bellomi pittore da primato” [interrupted link], L’Arena - 27/4/2010.
1. “Giovanni Cappelletti, Testimoni di Cristo. Disegni di Federico Bellomi”, 1969.
2. Gilio Baschirotto, “Il dramma dell’amore: Mistero sacro in due parti” (eight episodes) / Plates by the painter Federico Bellomi 1971, Nigrizia, Verona.
3. Lauro Aimé Colliard, “Patrice de la Tour du Pin, Jean Guitton et Yves Congar entre barbelés et miradors”, Editions Don Bosco.
Please note: all packaging materials, the full insurance and the professional handling are already included in your shipping cost.
Thanks and enjoy it!
- Federico Bellomi
- Title of artwork
- Ritratto di donna
- Oil on paper
- Hand signed
- Image size
- 49×59 cm
- Total dimensions
- 71×6×62 cm
- Sold with frame