Condition : very good / not used / 1pcs of 3000.
In 1914, Philips produced its first car bulb that replaced the commonly used carbide lamp. Over the next decades, the Dutch manufacturer developed lighting systems to create the best light bulb in the world.
In 1914, Philips engineers developed the first car bulb, which was called Half Watt. Another breakthrough was the later discussion between Henry Ford and Anton Philips that took place in the early 1920s. It enabled the spread of electric lighting in the automotive industry. The famous Ford Model T became one of the first cars equipped with Philips bulbs as standard.
The next stage in the history of car lighting development was the Philips Duplo light bulb presented in 1924. It had two filaments, one of which carried the passing beam and the other the driving beam. This increased driving comfort and improved visibility on the road. What's more, this solution reduced the phenomenon of dazzling other road users.
Twelve years later, groundbreaking, asymmetrical lamps were introduced to the market in response to increasing traffic. They improved safety by enabling better illumination of the right side of the road. Philips has developed a Duplo-D car bulb specially designed for this type of lamp.
DPD or post.
- Type of Object
- Jubilee 100 years of automotive lighting - PHILIPS automotive Pin-up Girl - tin plate [ca.48/30cm] -
- As new
- 0×303×475 mm
- Year (youngest object)