Map of the Saintonge, until the French Revolution one of the provinces of France, one of the rather small independent areas, located on the Atlantic Coast opposite the Île de Ré.
Copper engraving published by J. and H. Hondius in Amsterdam, ca. 1620.
In good condition. Nice, sharp print on paper with sufficient margins. With some very professionally restored tears, including one just into the map’s image itself. Verso: blank.
Please see the photos.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Map maker/ publisher
- J. en H. Hondius
- Map/ Book title
- Carte Du Pais De Xaintonge
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Large format map of a part of France.
- Size of the largest image
- 37.5×50.3 cm