Type of jewel: ring
Condition: In reasonably good condition, especially given the age of the jewel and although very hard to see, there is a glitch in the enamel
Era: ca. 1870
Material: 18K pink gold and details in silver (touchstone tested)
Technique: Blue enamel. Enamelling is an old and widely-adopted technology. The ancient Egyptians applied enamels to pottery and stone objects. The ancient Greeks, Celts, Russians, and Chinese also used enameling processes on metal objects. Enamel is the colorful result of fusing powdered glass to a substrate by firing, usually between 750 and 850 degrees Celsius. The powder melts and flows and hardens to a smooth, durable vitreous coating on metal, glass or ceramic. According to some sources, the word enamel comes from the High German word smelzan (to smelt) via the Old French esmail. Used as a noun, "an enamel" is a usually small decorative object, coated with enamel coating, such as a champlevé or a cloisonné (different techniques).
Diamond(s): 39 senaille and rose cut diamonds. A senaille is a simplified rose cut diamond, a small diamond chip with perhaps a few polished facets. We do not have the weight of these diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to senailles or rose cuts.
Birth and month stones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: top of ring 0,94 cm (0,37 inch) x 1,94 cm (0,76 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 4,20 gram (2,70 dwt)
Ring size: EU-52 & 16½, USA-6 , UK-L Free resizing!*
*) Resizing: *Only for extreme changes we will charge something.
In case of resizing, mail us directly at info @adin.be with the required ring size when you pay this ring! When we receive your mail after we shipped your ring the free resizing offer is expired.
Adin reference Nº: 19196-0030
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped!
- Comes with professional certificate.
- Shipping insured and registered (or pick it up).
- Outside EU import duties etc. may apply.
- Check our feedback here to see how happy our customers are!
- See more of our products, visit: https:// auction.catawiki.com/lotsfrom/Adin
- Genuine Victorian Antique Gold Ring - Anno 1870 - 39 Diamonds and Blue Enamel - , Ring
- Pink gold, Silver
- Material Fineness
- 18 kt.
- EU-52 & 16½, USA-6 , UK; UK-L Free resizing!*
- Total Weight
- 4.2 g
- Vintage - used with visible signs of wear
- Main Stone