Antique jewelry object group: pendant
Condition: very good condition
Country of origin: Although it does not carry any legible control marks we believe this to be of Belgian origin.
Style: Victorian - Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration. Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
Period: ca. 1840
Source of inspiration: Christianity
Theme: Cross - The word cross was introduced to English in the 10th century as the term for the instrument of the torturous execution of Jesus (gradually replacing the earlier word rood), ultimately from Latin crux, via Old Irish cros. The word can nowadays refer to the geometrical shape unrelated to its Christian significance. The Latin Crux (translating Greek stauros) was a Roman torture device used for crucifixion.
Material: Silver on top and backed with 18K red gold (see explanation on silver on gold).
Technique: The rose cuts are set on foil. This is a special technique that was used to bring the lustre of the diamonds to its best quality.
Diamonds: 40 rose cut diamonds. We do not have the weight of the rose cuts diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cut diamonds and senailles.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: 7,50 cm (2,95 inch) x 4,50 cm (1,77 inch)
Weight: 12,00 gram (7,72 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 13361-0056
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped!
- Comes with professional certificate.
- Shipping insured and registered (or pick it up).
- Outside EU import duties etc. may apply.
- Check our feedback here to see how happy our customers are!
- See more of our products, visit: https:// auction.catawiki.com/lotsfrom/Adin
- Pendant, Victorian Flemish Antique Cross - Mid 19th century -
- Pink gold, Silver
- Material Fineness
- No Reserve Price - 18 kt. -
- 7,50 cm (2,95 inch) x 4,50 cm (1,77 inch)
- Total Weight
- 12 g
- Very good condition - slightly used with small signs of wear
- Main Stone