Original woodblock print, Published by Unsodo - Asano Takeji (1900-1998) - Early summer in Sanzen-in Temple, Kyoto - Heisei period (1989-2019)
Original woodblock print by Takeji Asano, 1900-1998 Shinhanga artist
Asano Takeji was born in 1900 in Kyoto where he studied arts and crafts
at the Kyoto School of painting with Tomikichiro Tokuriki. He became an
active member of the sosaku hanga group in Kyoto. His favorite subjects
Publisher ; Unsodo
The first edition was published around 1930. This is a later edition from the original woodblocks. Strong image towards the reverse.
In excellent condition. Never been framed. As new! Vibrant colours !
It will be packed between hardboard plates, so bending is not possible within transport. It will be send with trace and trace and insured.
- Original woodblock print, Published by Unsodo
- Woodblock print / ukiyo-e
- Heisei period (1989-2019)
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Asano Takeji (1900-1998)
- Theme/ depiction
- Decor/ ware
- landscape, summer, temple, forest
- Title of artwork
- Early summer in Sanzen-in Temple, Kyoto
- Very good condition, see description
- 365×240×0 mm