1. Chart of Cook River in the N.W. Part of America (1784)
Chart of the south-west coast of Alaska from Cook Inlet to Controller Bay, with the tracks of Cook's explorations 12 May to 9 June 1778.
Having found Controller Bay, which he named Comptrollers Bay, Cook then proceeded to chart the coast line in search of north-west passage.
Image 22x29,5cm, page 23x37cm
2. Views of the Land on the West Coast of America .... (1784)
This engraving shows land views of Foggy Island, Pinnacle Point, Round Hill Island and Gore's Island.
Image 23x35,5cm, page 23,5x37cm
Both engravings are from George William Anderson’s ´A New Authentic and Complete Account of Voyages Round the World….´ Published in London by Alexander Hogg
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Alaska, Cook Inlet - map & coast line views
- Map maker/ publisher
- Anderson / Hogg / Webber / Cook
- Map/ Book title
- Chart of Cook River in the N.W. Part of America / Views of the Land on the West Coast of America...
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Twp large 18th century copper engravings showing part of Southwest Alaska
- Size of the largest image
- 23×35.5 cm