1. Portrait of a Man of Prince William´s Sound/Portrait of a Woman of Prince William´s Sound (1784)
Two images on one sheet, depicting a man and a woman of Prince William’s Sound on the south coast of Alaska.
Image 22x34,5cm, page 23x37cm
2. A View of Snug Corner Cove in Prince William´s Sound (1784)
Cook traveled to Prince William Sound (Sandwich Sound), Alaska, from May 12-20, 1778. The countryside was found to be rather inhospitable.
Image 22x36cm, page 23,5x37cm
This version is from George William Anderson’s ´A New Authentic and Complete Account of Voyages Round the World….´ London, 1784
In December the mail delivery may have to deal with a considerable delay due to the holidays. Take this into account.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Alaska, Prince William´s Sound
- Map maker/ publisher
- Anderson / Hogg / Webber / Cook
- Map/ Book title
- Portrait of a Man of Prince William´s Sound.../ A View of Snug Corner Cove in Prince William´s Sound
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Twp large 18th century copper engravings showing part of South Alaska and it´s people
- Size of the largest image
- 22×36 cm