View of the city in a bird's-eye view with two coats of arms and two figures in the foreground.
From: Braun (G.) & Hogenberg (F.), Civitatis orbis terrarum, Köln, 1572-1581
Dimensions: 31.5 x 45.8 cm (on page 35.5 x 49.5 cm).
Condition: reasonably good condition, sufficient margins, centrefold as issued, verso with Latin text.
Frans Hogenberg (Mechelen, 1535 - Cologne, 1590) was a cartographer from Brabant.
Together with Georg Braun, Canon of Cologne cathedral and his son Abraham Hogenberg, Frans published the city book Civitates Orbis Terrarum in 1572.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Map maker/ publisher
- Braun (G.) & Hogenberg (F.),
- Map/ Book title
- Brugae Flandricarum urbium ornamenta
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- published in Cologne 1572-1581
- Size of the largest image
- 31.5×45.8 cm