Entry of the future Queen Ulrika Eleonora in Stockholm at the triumphal gate on 24 November 1680. Ships in the Nor Ström and various activities in the foreground.
Full title around a crowned coat of arms of the Swedish royal house held up by two putti: 'Arcus Triumphalis in solemnem adventum Serenisimae Reginae Uldaricae ae Eleonorae, Stockholmae ad Pontem Borealem die 24 Novemb Anno 1680 extructa'. At the bottom is the legend 1-19.
From: Suecia Antiqua et hodierna (1661-1715).
Beautiful full page (34.5 x 66 cm.) Wide margins, on two pages, hand-coloured, verso blank, folding as published.
Good condition, some stains in the right margin.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Map maker/ publisher
- Willem Swidde of Adam Perelle, naar Dahlberg
- Map/ Book title
- Arcus Triumphalis, gezicht op Stockholm
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Beautiful view of the city at the entrance of the Danish Ulrika Eleonora
- Size of the largest image
- 25×58 cm