Map of France with explanatory text and legends along the edges. Bottom left: a historical insert map.
Hand-coloured copper engraving. Published in Amsterdam by Henri Chatelain, ca. 1705.
In good condition. A beautiful print on paper with wide margins. Folds are as issued. With two small holes in the image, including one on the crossing of folding. In the middle is some minor, restored, unobtrusive loss of image. Verso: blank.
Please see the photos.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Map maker/ publisher
- H. Chatelain
- Map/ Book title
- Carte Geographique De France, Avec Des Remarques Curieuses Sur L'Ancienne Et La Nouvelle Geographie
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Beautiful hand-colored copper engraving with explanatory text.
- Size of the largest image
- 44×53.5 cm