Map of the Eastern Mediterranean engraved by Henrik van Krooneveld, marking the journey of the Dutch painter Cornelis de Bruyn (1652-1727), who in 1675 set out from Livorno on a journey through the Levant, publishing a richly illustrated account on his return which was called "Reizen... door Klein Asia...van Aegypten, Syrien en Palestina.". With an inset of the Region around Livorno, his embarcation point.
Published in Delft, 1695.
Image 21,5x36cm, page 24,5x40cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Mediterranean Sea, Middle East
- Geographical specification
- Turkey, Cyprus, Greece, Israel, Syria, Italy
- Map maker/ publisher
- C. de Bruyn / H. van Krooneveld
- Map/ Book title
- Tabula Geographica Continens Vestigia Et Processum Itineris Tam Maritimi, Quam Terrestri Cornelii De
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Late 17th century copper engraved map of the Eastern Mediterranean
- Size of the largest image
- 21.5×36 cm