1. Amulet representing a triangle for plumb wire.
Base width: 2.8; Height: 1.9 cm; thickness: 0.4 cm
2. Amulet representing a square.
Height: 1.9 cm / Length: 1.5 cm; thickness: 0.3 to 0.4 cm.
These first two amulets are inseparable from each other. Used by the carpenter, these measuring instruments guaranteed its owner rectitude and balance.
3. & 4. The other two (rare) amulets represent a pyramidal seal.
Size: 1.1 × 0.8 cm
Dummy suspension ring.
Size: 1 x 1 cm.
These amulets guaranteed the name of the deceased to survive for all eternity.
Purchased by the current owner in Paris, in 2019.
Origin: B.-M. collection, Paris, purchased in January 1977 in Paris.
Important information: The seller guarantees he has acquired this lot by legal means and that he is authorized to sell and export this lot. Statement of origin was reviewed by Catawiki. No export permit is required for the shipment of goods between EU countries. For some archaeological lots, additional time may be required for administrative reasons, such as an export license. If such is the case, the buyer will be immediately informed by the seller.
- Ancient Egyptian
- Hematite and lapis lazuli
- Number of objects
- - Rare amulets: plummet, set square, pyramid-shaped seals.
- Century/ Timeframe
- Basse époque, vers 664 à 332 av. J.C.
- Good Condition, See Photo