In auction a set of Kamishimo: samurai formal dress with a spare belt part, each bearing 3 differents samurai clans crests.
The crest matches:
- both the Hakahori (赤堀) and Satō (佐藤) clans that were sharing the same crest of a wisteria flower facing down.
- the Ashikaga clan (足利氏) whose crest is made of two lines in a circle.
- the Watanabe clan (渡辺) whose crest is 3 rounds stars over the character for the number one.
All mentioned clans were prominent Japanese samurai families during the Japanese history.
The Kamishimo features a kataginu, a sleeveless jacket with pleated wing-like extended shoulder pieces, and a hakama, made in a matching pattern and color. The costumes were made of plain weave Japanese asa hemp or cotton cloth, and patterned with stencil print.
Some signs of wear and stain as pictures show.
- Total nr of items
- A set Kamishimo samurai formal dress with samurai clans crests
- 19th century
- Region/ Country of origin
- Good condition, see description
- 0×70×80 cm