Image 20x24,5cm, page 25,5x39cm
Decorative map centered on Bulgaria and Romania and surrounding areas. Includes an ornate decorative title cartouche and scale of miles.
Cluver's Geography was one of the most enduring works of the 17th & 18th Centuries, issued by several different publishers with many different sets of maps over nearly 200 years. This high quality 1697 edition, printed in Leiden, the Netherlands, is one of the most decorative.
Ref: References: Shirley (BL Atlases) T.CLUV-8a .
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Romania, Greece, Turkey, Macedonia, Black Sea.
- Map maker/ publisher
- Ph. Clüver
- Map/ Book title
- Daciarum Moesiarum et Thraciae Vetus et Nova
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Beautiful late 17th copper engraved century map of Romania, Bulgaria and surrounding areas
- Size of the largest image
- 20×24.5 cm