Beautiful woodblock print by Katsushika Hokusai 葛飾北斎 (1760-1849) (Re-print) - 'Kanagawa-oki nami-ura' 神奈川沖浪裏 (Under the Wave off Kanagawa) - From the series "Fugaku sanjurokkei" 冨嶽三十六景 (Thirty-six Views of Mt. Fuji) - Japan
Dimensions: Horizontal 33 x 22,5 cm.
Signed: Saki no Hokusai Iitsu hitsu 前北斎為一筆
'The Great Wave'; fishermen cowering in three skiffs, wave about to crash down on them, Mt Fuji seen low in hollow of wave.
The woodblock print is in a perfect condition, (with original it's Mat/Frame) It has never been exposed to direct light so the colors are impressive. Please see the photos as part of description.
Expersss & track code mail service.
- Woodblock print (reprint)
- Woodblock printing
- Washi paper
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Katsushika Hokusai (1760-1849)
- Theme/ depiction
- Fugaku sanjurokkei 冨嶽三十六景
- Title of artwork
- Kanagawa-oki nami-ura' 神奈川沖浪裏 (Under the Wave off Kanagawa)
- Very good condition, see description
- 330×225×0 mm