Two maps of the Solomon Islands in Southern Oceania, east of New Guinea.
1. Queen Charlotte´s Islands
Map of the rediscovered Solomon Islands made by Captain Carteret in 1767. These islands had been lost on charts since their “discovery” in 1568 by the Spanish explorer Mendaña de Neira.
2. The North Side of Queen Charlotte´s Islands....
Chart & view of the Island of Nendo (Lord Egmonts Island or New Guernsey) with inset maps of Swallow Bay & Byrons Harbour and a view of Nupani.
Both maps from Anderson’s ´A New Authentic and Complete Account of Voyages Round the World….´ , London, 1784.
Reasonably good condition, trimmed to the margins and then attached to old carrying paper
Images ca 21x34,5cm, Pages 23x37,5cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Solomon Islands, Nendo Island, Nupano Atol, Santa Cruz Islands, Queen Charlotte´s Islands
- Map maker/ publisher
- Anderson / Hogg / Carteret
- Map/ Book title
- Queen Charlotte´s Islands / The North Side of Queen Charlotte´s Islands....
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Two 18th century copper engraved charts of parts of the Solomon Islands
- Size of the largest image
- 21×34 cm