Woodblock print (reprint) - Utagawa Hiroshige (1797-1858) - 'Totsuka: Motomachi Fork' - From the series "Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô Road" - mid 20th century
This luxurious reprint from approx. 1946–1948 was published by Nihon Hanga Kenkyusho, a company founded in 1946 by the artist Kihachiro Okuyama (奥山 儀八郎 Okuyama Gihachirō, February 17, 1907 – October 1, 1981) who specialized in reprints of Hiroshige.
The depiction is one of the 53 stations of the Tôkaidô route.
This print by Hiroshige was originally published in 1843–34 by Tsuruya Kiemon (Senkakudô) and Takenouchi Magohachi (Hoeidô) and also several times by other publishers.
The condition is very good with traces of earlier mounting at the back.
The print will be packaged with care and sent by registered mail with Bpost Tracking.
- Woodblock print (reprint)
- Mid 20th century
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Utagawa Hiroshige (1797-1858)
- Theme/ depiction
- From the series: Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô Road
- Title of artwork
- 'Totsuka: Motomachi Fork' - From the series "Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô Road"
- Very good condition, see description
- 260×395×0 mm