Citroen RU23 Currus hearse from 1949, complete and driving, normal registration, without MOT, original 30,000 km, it was owned a funeral home in Paris.
Acquired in 1995, it came from Régi Film - second hand cinema wardrobes, weapons and props.
This vehicle can be found in many documentaries:
- Ciné-Archives photos: Funeral ceremony for the nine of Charonne on 13/02/1962.
- Photos 3 and 4, reference visible on YouTube on 10/10/2014 " La mort et les obsèques d'Edith Piaf ",
- Photos 5 and 6: Funeral of Maurice Thorez: Ciné-archives.
- Photo 7: Funeral of Josephine Baker.
Probably the only survivor of the two identical floats,
See last photo which was published in Citropolis on 15/09/2001.
Due to its rarity and being a true part of the French heritage, this vehicle deserves our full attention.
- Model Type
- RU23 Currus
- Located in
- Body style
- Mileage reading
- 30000 km
- Registration papers
- with French registration
- Horse Power
- Condition (Overall)
- 4 - Fine condition: May require mechanic and cosmetic work