1. Lebensraum. Een oorlogsdagboek - Eibergen - Otto Verbeek - 1991 - 1st edition - paperback with flaps - 24 pp - edition of 250 copies - tight unread copy.
This is number 227.
2. Pang. De oorlogsjaren - Eibergen - Otto Verbeek - 1992 - 1st edition - paperback with flaps - 48 pp - edition of 250 copies - undamaged, presumably unread copy.
This is number 22.
Both booklets are a mystification. The real compiler was Bob Polak. He found out to his cost. By order of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal, the publicist Polak had to pay the writer W.F. Hermans damages of more than 30,000 guilders. The Amsterdam Court thus ruled in favour of the writer.
The publications appeared on the fair of small publishers in Amsterdam. The writer had never given permission for the publications. He experienced the content as hurtful; it violated his copyrights and moral rights.
The court had already ruled in favour of Hermans by ordering Polak to pay a compensation of 7500 guilders. Hermans was not satisfied with that. In addition, the judge imposed a ban on the two publications, but did not say anything about similar publications. The writer also thought that was not enough.
- Number of Books
- Author/ Illustrator
- Mystificatie; Willem Frederik Hermans
- Book Title
- Lebensraum / Pang
- Very good
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- Numbered edition
- Original language
- Uitgeverij Otto Verbeek
- Binding/ Material
- Limited edition, Numbered edition
- 20×12.5 cm