Reprographs and rotogravings (87) - Katsukawa Shunsho (1726-1792), Okumura Masanobu (1686-1764), Toshusai Sharaku (act. 1794-95), Utagawa Toyokuni I (1769-1825), Utagawa Yoshimori (1830-1884), Utagawa Yoshitora (act. circa 1836-1887) - 1879-99
Set of 87 reproductions of Japanese heliogravure woodblock prints gathered in 40 pages from the end of the 19th century, probably gathered by T. Hayashi, Japan's Commissioner General at the 1900 World's Fair.
Printed by heliogravure Dujardin Paris between 1879-99
This is not a booklet but separate and different ukiyoe reproductions.
Each of them is covered with a crystal sheet with the author's name and a number, they all are 31 cm H X 23 cm L in size.
The prints are in fair to very good condition.
They show various subjects such as geishas, animals, landscapes etc.
The original artists behind these pieces include Okumura, Masanobu, Katsukawa Shunsho Utagawa Yoshitora Toshusai Sharaku Toyokuni I and many others.
Picture of the complete lot.
Pricks and stain on one print.
A few pricks on some.
Damaged corner and torn crystal sheet on others.
Sold as is.
- Total nr of items
- Reprographics and rotogravures
- Engraved, Heliogravure or Rotogravure
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Katsukawa Shunsho (1726-1792), Okumura Masanobu (1686-1764), Toshusai Sharaku (act. 1794-95), Utagawa Toyokuni I (1769-1825), Utagawa Yoshimori (1830-1884), Utagawa Yoshitora (act. ca. 1836-1887)
- Theme/ depiction
- Animal, Child, Geisha, Woman
- Good condition, see description
- 31×23×1 cm