Bronze sculpture depicting the god Mercury with a Verde Alpi marble base.
The base consists of three modules.
From Venice, from a private collection, second half of the 19th-century.
The torch probably dates back to the first half of the 20th century.
Note the patina of metal and marble.
The Verde Alpi green marble features beautiful veins.
Lot of large size, it develops mainly in height.
Well-proportioned and not too heavy. Perfect as furnishing accessory.
In good overall condition.
It will be delivered in a wooden crate with appropriate packaging.
Worldwide, safe, affordable and tracked shipping.
The item is also available for pickup at our warehouse.
- Maximum total height 200 cm
- Marble base height 110 cm
- Maximum bronze width 40 cm
- Width and depth of the marble base 40 cm x 40 cm
Weight: 11 kg bronze, 35 kg marble base
Total weight: 46 kg
- Dio Mercurio - with marble column base, Sculpture
- Bronze Green and Marble Alps
- Designer/ Artist
- After Giambologna
- Estimated Period
- Second half 19th century
- Country of Origin
- Italy, Venice
- Good condition - used with small signs of aging & blemishes
- 200×40×40 cm
- 46 kg