Bronze sculpture of one of the ‘Chevaux de Marly "(horses of Marly), the left sculpture of the set. It depicts a rearing horse and its tamer.
The originals were commissioned by Louis XV of France created by Guillaume Coustou between 1743 and 1745 in Carrara marble for the entrance of the park of the château de Marly. Today, they are located in the Louvre in Paris.
This bronze was created around 1900.
In very good condition with dark-brown bronze patina.
High 50, wide 45, deep 20 cm.
Weight: 14.2 kg.
- one of the 'Chevaux de Marly', Sculpture
- Designer/ Artist
- Naar Guillaume Coustou
- Model/ Name
- paard van Marly
- Estimated Period
- about 1900
- Country of Origin
- Excellent condition - barely used with minimal signs of aging & wear
- 50×45×20 cm
- 14200 g