Topographic map of Turin Citadel printed on two joined sheets, from Curioses Staats und Kriegs Theatrum by Gabriel Bodenher, published in Augsburg in 1725.
The map is embellished with a large allegorical cartouche with title and author’s signature, a small compass rose indicates the geographic orientation, with north to the right and interesting descriptive panels on the sides.
A few creases can be seen along the conjunction of the second small sheet to the right.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Piemonte, Torino
- Map maker/ publisher
- Gabriel Bodenher
- Map/ Book title
- Das durch göttlichen Beystand glücklich entsetzte Turin
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Uncommon plan of the fortifications of Turin in two sheets joined together
- Size of the largest image
- 16×36 cm